Friday, March 12, 2010

A New Addiction!!!

Nobody get scared, this is me we are talking about. I have found a new addiction and it is just what I need in my life right now. When I was living in Pocatello and trying to decide what to do with my life and where to go, there was one thing that coming to mind. I wanted to live in a place where there was a temple, so that I could try and make it to the temple more than once a month. When I moved here, my goal was to try and go once a week. I did not do so great with that one, but I did make sure that I went often. At the end of November, I had some interesting health issues and it was hard for me to go for a while.
I have been taking an institute class on the Pearl of Great Price which is amazing. I have learned so much and had some amazing experiences. It has encouraged me and inspired me to be a better person. The class has helped me to really focus how grateful I am for the opportunity to go to the temple.



A couple of weeks ago, I went and got a new recommend and really felt like I wanted and needed to be there. My ward had a temple night that Thursday and I cannot even begin to express how happy I was to be there and what a great experience it was. I left there feeling like I was glowing and I was so happy. This past week, I was not necessarily struggling, but lacking the patience and wanting some answers. As I sat in my room Tuesday night, a friend sent me a text and told me she was going to the temple. As much as my body wanted me to say no, I felt the need to go; and now I am addicted. That one night in the temple has helped me to really feel the peace and serenity that is present there. I went again Thursday night and received even more help and comfort. Saturday, I will probably go again to the temple, because I cannot seem to get enough of going there. What a special place.
So while the rest of the world is battling their addictions of whatever they may be, I encourage everyone who reads this, though I am not sure how many do, to become a little more addicted to the temple. It truly is the House of the Lord and a place where we can slow down and feel peace.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Whitney! I so wish I could be addicted with you!! This is the furthest away I have ever lived from a temple! (It's only 65 miles... but still a hard thing when trying to juggle babysitting and such). Maybe we need to plan girl's nights where we go to the temple! I commend you on your addiction!

Just Julie said...

Wow, what a great testimony of the temple. Thanks for sharing.

Just Julie said...

I live in the vicinity of five temples (!) and don't take near enough advantage of that! This is a good addiction you have that maybe I can use, too!