Saturday, September 17, 2011

Somedays You've Gotta Vent!

My dad is amazing! This morning, I called him after a particularly frustrating situation. We ended up talking for 40 minutes or so. He not only listened, but gave me advice on that situation and some other situations in my life. Usually, I try to not to vent on the blog, but here are a few things that set me off.

~People getting in my face (literally). I hate contention and don't like being in those types of situations. Getting in my face will make a draw back and pay less attention to what you are saying. That is just what happens.

~It drives me nuts when people think that they can manage my life and health better than I can, and accuse me of doing the worst possible things for my body when they are the exact things that have helped me. I don't mind advice, I really don't, but when I say some things work and others don't, please believe me.

~When I say that I am healthier now, than I was in the beginning, excitement would be nice, instead of telling me that I am not healthy and the blood tests lie. Really, I didn't know those test could fabricate the truth. My nutrition levels, for the most part, have been balanced the past couple of times I have had them checked. That is healthy to me (or as healthy as I can be with a paralyzed stomach).

With that off my chest, thank you for allowing this vent session. Some times it helps to say what you feel. It doesn't help that I have been living in pain this week, with something like Impingement Syndrome in my shoulder. Pain always makes everything worse.
However, talking with my dad proved to be a great blessing. Another major blessing was running into an old Bishop who is a doctor and getting some help with the shoulder. One more blessing was an amazing fireside that has inspired me to focus on being a better disciple. Last night, I ran into a friend, who I always tend to see when she is in town. There is no denying that the Lord's hand is in my life and He is constantly aware of me and my needs. He knows my needs and efforts and will make up for my weaknesses and imperfections.

2 comments:

Jenny Axford Cook said...

I think everyone deserves a good vent now and then. I love your dad too and I'm glad that he could help. I am so excited to see you in a few days and you can vent as much as you want. :) Heaven knows you let me vent all the time. Miss you!!

Tiffany Tibbitts said...

I can tell you are missing me. Who else do you have to vent to at 2:00 in the morning? Didn't we have some great conversations?