Sunday, July 29, 2012

I'm a Traveling Girl (Kind of)

About twice a year, I have the opportunity to travel a little bit. Why twice a year? That would be because the rest of the year, I work every Saturday morning and it is just not worth it to leave town unless I have the following Monday off. Anyways, those months are usually January and July. Seeing as July is almost over, I thought that I might update you on the happenings of my life during the month.

July consisted of a couple trips up to Pocatello. Real exciting, I know. Each trip had a purpose and was much needed. The first full weekend of July, I spent some time here doing some fun things with my amazing friends. It was so nice! I even got to spend some time with my amazing married friends, Robert & Andrea. We went and watched Brave and went to dinner. That night was spent with a newer friend that is just so much fun. Sunday, after church, I loaded up my car and headed to Poky for some much needed time with the padres. Thanks guys! That was the best Sunday afternoon! It was so hard to come back so I ended up leaving Monday morning, early, so I could get to work on time.

The next weekend, I headed up there again. This time, I was able to spend some time with one of my amazingly great friends. We had a Girls Night with her nieces for a little bit and then went and got ice cream and talked for a while. So grateful that her husband was totally cool with us hanging out for a while. There is nothing like a good friend. The next morning, I woke and headed up to Rexburg to see my brother and his girlfriend. We ended up spending a little time there and in Idaho Falls and getting new phones. After that, we did a little shopping and went to lunch. That night, I went to dinner with the padres and spent the rest of the night relaxing. I ended up going to church there on Sunday and spending the rest of the day there, because I had forgotten to get gas and, once again, ended up driving home on Monday morning.

Needless to say, I had to start working the next Saturday, so this should be where the travel saga ends. However, the 24th is a State holiday here so I had that day off work and it just so happened that Heather and her family were in Pocatello during that time. Fortunately, I was able to head up there right after work on  Monday and spend that night and the next day with them. It consisted of frozen yogurt, little people, good conversations, a run for me, playing at the park, reading, the zoo and a pancake dinner. So much fun! It was great spending time with them. I left shortly after dinner, because there were fireworks down here and if possible, I don't miss fireworks ever. I was able to watch those with some great friends.

Thus ends the tale of the traveling girl. Ha Ha. Oh wait. It may not end there. There still may be a few more trips to take before the summer ends.

1 comments:

The Sayer Family said...

Well, for starters, I talked to you on the phone tonight. Kayleigh showing us how to go poop has to be the highlight of my day - and that was fun!