Saturday, June 1, 2013

Birthday Celebrations (Only Two Months Later)

My birthday was pretty great this year. I totally am blessed. My birthday was on a Sunday this year and it was definitely a full weekend.

When I got off work on Friday, I headed up to Poky to spend some time with the padres. They took me out to dinner that night. We had a good time. Later that night, my aunt, uncle, cousin and her husband came into town, so I spent some time over there talking and catching up.

Saturday morning was General Conference. For the first time in I don't know how long, I was able to watch conference with my dad. It was so nice. In between sessions, we went and visited with the family. After the afternoon session, my mom and I met up with the rest of the family and ended up talking for a while longer. Then we headed to dinner. I left from dinner and headed back. I had some errands to run, groceries to buy and things to do before Sunday.

For some reason, when I got home, I could not get my front door unlocked. I blamed it on it being late and having my arms full of groceries. It turned out that my roommate's siblings had booby trapped our door, thinking that I was at home. I even found a note in the kitchen asking me not to use the front door. Oops! Got that note a little too late. Ha Ha. Oh well. 

On Sunday, I spent the day watching conference at the church. The sessions were amazing. Right after the second session, I headed over to Andrea & Robert's house. They were throwing me a small birthday party. We played games and talked. They also had bought me a cookie dough ice cream cake. It was so yummy and so nice. 

After that, my roommate had made a cake and we had some people over for cake and ice cream. It was really nice and fun. She decorated the house with balloons, which I think are long lasting balloons because they are still in our front room, and other decor. My cake had 48 candles, which made me laugh. We also played a few games. We are such kids at heart. 

It really was a nice weekend and day. I got to spend time with so many wonderful people, both family and friends. The best part was that it was not stressful. It was super relaxing and enjoyable. Thanks everyone for making it a fantastic and wonderful weekend. You are the best. :)

0 comments: