Sunday, January 12, 2014

What I've Learned About Myself

The past week has been pretty difficult for me. (What a positive way to start a post, I know). It is said that hard times challenge us, change us and teach us things we've never known. Well, I have learned a lot. Some of these things I already knew, but we re-taught this week.


  • I'm stubborn
  • Not feeling well gives me crazy dreams
  • I have such amazing family and friends
  • Movies and books get old after a while
  • Seeing little kids makes me smile, even when I'm in pain
  • I don't drink enough liquids
  • I try to put on a face that I'm ok, even when I'm not
  • Asking for help is hard for me to do
  • There are so many people out there who care and want to help
  • I'm spoiled
  • Prescriptions make me feel blah sometimes
  • Other times, they actually help
  • Heavenly Father is so mindful of me and my situation
  • I'm pretty loopy and entertaining on pain meds
  • I'm falling apart
  • The pictures on the CT machine, kind of make me laugh.
  • Heated blankets at the hospital are  new favorite
  • My "Peanut Gallery" make waiting for help/diagnosis/whatever so much more entertaining
  • Me + Texting in the ER = Not Good = I don't like doing it
  • Some meds make me tired
There has been more I've learned, but these are the ones I am processing right now. After reading this, you may need a bit of an explanation. Without to much information or too many specifics, I have been in pain for over a week. In the previous post I mentioned being on IVs and all. Well, we ended up changing the prescription, but the pain didn't stop. Friday night, I had the worst pain of my life. However, due to my stubbornness, I didn't go to the ER. Yesterday the pain was not the worst ever status, but still awful. My friend took me to the ER, where they did blood work, catheters, CT scans and gave me some crazy pain meds. Needless to say, we don't have all the answers yet, just a few of them. I'm grateful to know what I do and look forward to finding out more on Wednesday.

This has taught me a lot and showed me ways I need to be better. Still climbing in this battle, so I'm sure there is more to learn, but am grateful for what I have learned and for ALL the help I have received. I couldn't do anything with all of you, and your good thoughts and prayers.

0 comments: