Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!!!!

The past few years, I have been so excited about starting a new year because that means I can leave the prior one in the dust. I would always say that this next year would be better. Every time, major trials would come. In 2013 it was losing my voice and dealing with the repercussions of that. 2014 was filled with multiple surgeries, procedures, and other trials. I have decided hoping for a better new year may not be the way to go.

Let me clarify that I know that I have learned much and grown a ton from the trials that I have faced. Many of them have become blessings in my life. I am not bitter about them, though I sometimes wish I could have a break. They have made me stronger.

I will not say what I have in the past. I know that 2015 will be full of blessings and trials. Good times and hard times. 

I have been asked a few times what my New Year's Resolutions will be. I usually respond that I am not a fan and don't set them. It seems every time I do, I am unable to accomplish that goal because something stops it or makes it impossible for me to reach the goal. 

However, when I woke up this morning, a quote came to mind and I have decided that it will be my motto and resolution of 2015.

Got this quote picture from a Yahoo image search.


What a concept! Instead of hoping the year will be better, I can work on being better myself, no matter what this year brings, good or bad.

I have this quote up in my room and will be putting it up at work. It is completely possible to reach this goal, no matter what comes about. I can be a better  person, a better friend, a better sister, a better daughter, a better citizen, a better me, a better neighbor, and more. The only thing that can impede this from happening is my pride and lack of effort. For the year of 2015, I will try a little harder to be a little better. I will record the progress (or try to record the progress) throughout the year, in my journal, so by the end of the year, I will have ways to see improvements (hopefully).

I want to wish you all a Happy New Year. May we all be a little better in 2015. :)

0 comments: