Monday, March 23, 2015

Super Powers!!!

About three years ago, I created a Halloween costume as a superhero, based on my name. Wonder Whit! The play was on the word Wit vs. Whit. The uniform/costume consisted of a red-striped shirt, work out shorts, long striped socks, a cape, large circular glasses (to support the wit), and pigtails. It was so clever, if I must say so myself. I had fun with that costume.

Let's rewind a bit more and focus on a road trip with two friends. We were staying at my friend's sister's place. While playing the Wii with her nephew, he created a player for me and name it Wonder Whit! I guess the name stuck.

Since these two occasions, I have set out to find my superpowers. Every superhero must have them. What are Wonder Whit's powers? Here are some that I have found (with stories).


A GOOD CATCH

Here's the story. I was getting my breakfast and pulling some rolls out of a bag. They started to fall to the ground. I bobbled them, showed them my juggling skills (maybe that should be another superpower), and caught them right before they hit the ground. It was great! I was by myself at that moment, but said out loud, "I am a good catch". After thinking about what I had said, I started to laugh, thinking of the multiple meanings that statement had. Interpret this one how you wish


DECEPTIVELY SWEET

I am constantly being told I am so sweet or even too sweet. I am grateful for those compliments. Seriously. Sometimes I don't feel so sweet but I do try to be sweet, kind and nice. Then I thought, every superhero has a way to attack. My attack is sweetness, or to get the opposition with kindness. 


ABILITY TO BREAK GLASS FROM A DISTANCE

Maybe this isn't a superpower, but it really did happen. Without too much detail, let just say I took brownies out of the oven, place them on the stove top and continued to eat dinner. After a bit, an explosion was heard. Glass was flying. Unbeknownst to me, a burner on the stove top was on. Oops! In case you are wondering, glass pans really do explode with heat.


QUICK WHIT

What can I say? With a name like Wonder Whit, you need to be witty. I have people constantly telling me that I am witty or have a quick wit or a creative wit. Whatever the case may be, I like to make jokes or plays on words and themes. Wit keeps life interesting.


These are just some of my superpowers. I am still on the lookout for others. Now it is your turn. Please leave a comment or message or something with the following:

Your superhero name

Your superpowers

Any stories that support the above

I look forward to hearing your stories. 

This is Wonder Whit signing off. Up, up and away!!!!

0 comments: