Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Starry Night

At the beginning of the summer, with all the confusion that can come into someone's life, some friends decided that they were going to build a cardboard box and live out of that box. I got in on the idea and was excited for the construction. However, in August, I moved and the house had still not been built.
Over the next month, my friends took action. They went dumpster diving for cardboard and they built a cardboard house. Last weekend, I decided to go home for the funeral of a friend's grandpa. I was going to come Friday night and leave Saturday sometime after the funeral. When I told my friend that I was going to be in town, she informed me that they were going to be sleeping in the cardboard box house that weekend. I was so excited.
Here is where I would post a picture of the house, but I keep forgetting to bring my camera with me when I have computer access. We spent the night in that house. The weather was great and it was a beautiful night. Half way through the night, part of the box fell down. By the time we woke up the next morning, another part of the box was hanging over us, threatening to fall.
It was a fun experience and I grateful for the one night I had of sleeping under the stars.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

You guys are so goofy!!! What a fun time though!