Monday, December 14, 2009

Crazy! Busy! Fun!

This past week was a lot of fun. I was able to do a lot of things that I would not have ever done, if I did not live here. They were wonderful experiences!
~SUNDAY~
Last Sunday, I drove up to Pocatello after church. I was able to watch the Christmas Devotional with my family and really enjoyed it. After that, I went to visit a friend who I miss not having around. It was a good night.
~MONDAY~
I went to the orthodontist on Monday with high hopes that he would say it was time to take these braces off. It did not happen. I go back in January and hopefully they will come off then, but I am not going to get my hopes up this time. After the appointment, I drove back and went to work. It was finals week down here, so for home evening we had a bread and jam social. That was nice to talk to people and relax, even though I tend to talk with a lisp now, thanks to the lovely elastics that I have to wear.
~TUESDAY~
Here is my confession. I am one of those who people who love watching "The Biggest Loser" while enjoying a treat. This week was no exception, especially because it was the finale. I went over to a friend's apartment and watched the finale while enjoying some delicious peppermint fudge.
~WEDNESDAY~
This was probably the least exciting day, but I used it to get caught up on some cleaning that needed to be done and to do my laundry. Nothing too exciting there.
~THURSDAY~
It was ward temple night. I love that the temple is so close and that I can go there so often. I was a little nervous going into the session this time, because the previous week I had been pretty sick and I did not want to have problems. It was an amazing session for me and I was able to get some assurances that I needed about my life right now. There is no doubt in my mind that I need to be living in the present and not worrying too much about the future. The way will be prepared when the time comes!
~Friday~
I had the awesome opportunity to celebrate the first night of Hanukkah with some friends. It was so much fun, and might I add that the food was amazing. We ate latkas, hala bread, and matzah ball soup. It was amazing. We also lit the menorah, played dreidel, and read a book. It was such a cool experience and I am so glad that I was invited to participate/
~Saturday~
I woke up to snow, and lots of it. A friend and I decided to go to a Spanish session at the temple. (Yes I went to the temple two times in one week. YEAH!!!). It was so nice to be around the language again. When we got out of the session, my car was covered with snow. I ran a few other errands and then decided that it was time to start my Christmas shopping. For those who don't know, I do not like shopping. I within 2 1/2 hours I had basically finished all of my shopping. It was nice to get it done with. That night I spent some time with some friends and took it easy.
~Sunday~
Our ward is combined with another ward for the next couple of weeks. This week we had a Christmas program that was so neat and I got a lot out of it. I love Sundays, and spent most of the day after church relaxing and studying. I got invited to a dinner and enjoyed some good food, good friends, and fun.
This week was crazy, but it was super fun. We'll see what this week brings!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun!!! What a great week!

The Sayer Family said...

WOW! You were super busy! Glad you were feeling better and able to do these things.