Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Four F's

FAMILY
I was able to spend a lot of time with my family this weekend. We were all there, except for my bro, who is serving a mission. It was so nice to see my sister and her family and be reminded of what sweet spirits children bring, especially around the holidays.

FOOD
What Thanksgiving would be complete without a Turkey dinner with all the trimmings. There are so many parts of the meal that are my favorite. I love Mashed Potatoes. The marshmallow fruit salad was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the yams. The rolls were amazing. Here is the best part, I ate a little bit of turkey!!!!! I forgot how good that turkey tastes. Yum!

FRIENDS
I was able to see some of my most favorite people in Pocatello. There were some that I did not get to see, but I will get to see them the next time I am down. I went for ice cream with one friend and saw some others in the store on Saturday night.

FUN
The weekend was filled with activities to bring in the Christmas Spirit. We had a light parade where people were literally pouring bags of candy in front of us and onto the laps of those who were sitting. The nephews really enjoyed the parade. Saturday was the fireworks. I LOVE FIREWORKS!!! They are some of my most favorite things. There was also football (and basketball on too). That made the Thanksgiving holiday complete.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you found new things to be grateful for.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Whitney! So sad I missed you! We were at the lights parade too. We did miss the fireworks this year though. Stayed in and watched a movie instead. Sounds like a wonderful week!