Thursday, April 8, 2010

Love of Trials

So many people I know, myself included, have gone through some trying times lately. It is interesting to see the way that people react to the trials that they are given whether it be the death of a loved one, a sickness, a hard decision or anything else. My sister and I were talking about this the other day and she sent me this poem. As I read it, my thoughts turned to some of my many friends who have been struggling.

The Monument

God,
Before He Sent His children to earth
Gave each of them
A very carefully selected package of problems.

These,
He promised, smiling,
Are yours alone. No one
Else may have the blessings
These problems will bring you.

And only you
Have the special talents and abilities
That will be needed
To make these problems
Your servants.

Now go down to your birth and to your forgetfulness.
Know that I love you beyond measure.
These problems that I give you
Are a symbol of the love.

The monument you make of your life
With the help of your problems
Will be a symbol of your Love for me,
Your Father. "
- Blaine Yorgason

He loves us and knows what is best for us! Sometimes we do not understand why we are going through what we are going through, but their is a reason. If we respond with faith and love, we will be strengthened. I can see how trials of the past have shaped who I am today. Though I am unsure why I must go through some struggles, one thing I do know is that He loves me and will be there for me always! My thoughts and prayers are with those of you who are struggling.

0 comments: