Thursday, January 20, 2011

Confessions of a Negligent Blogger

Hi, my name is Whitney. (Hi Whitney)I have a problem. My problem is that I have become a negligent blogger. For some reason, it seems like every time that I have gone to post about Christmas or anything else, I just can't do it. So here I am, writing this post, trying to get the blogging started. With any luck, I may actually blog about Christmas and change the music and backdrop on my blog in the next week. We'll see what happens.

The past two months have been interesting. They have been full of many ups and downs. I don't want this to be full of complaints so I will leave it at that. My life right now is consisting of figuring out what I want to be when I get older. It is interesting to me that, in some ways, all the paths I have tried to avoid growing up are the ones that I am starting to head towards. Too bad it took me so long to figure out.

Yesterday I had a wake up call, or better yet, a happy test and passed it! That made me happy. Somethings happened yesterday that could have brought me down to some major lows, but instead, I was honestly and truly happy for the good news that some close friends received. That is a big step for me. If it would have happened a month ago, I would probably still be in my room or inside myself, having a pity party.
This week has shown me that I can make good things happen. Not only did I accomplish the daily tasks but I was able to spend some time with my good friend Jenny, volunteer and a local child care center, help a friend shop for a wedding dress, and will get to help clean the temple tomorrow morning.

What am I left with? A to-do list of desires. 1. Figure out what kind of job I want. 2. Find a job in said area. 3. Find joy in the journey. 4. Write in my journal daily. 5. Focus more on others and not complain so much.

Maybe I should add to that list keeping up-to-date on my blog and not being so negligent.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Life is hard sometimes. Glad you are so committed to finding joy in the journey! You are an awesome woman Whitney! I love hearing about your life. Keep smiling - all will turn out right in the end!