Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Epically Amazing"

Yesterday was epically (my new made-up word) amazing!

Why, you ask. Well, let me share some parts of this day.


I spent the morning in the temple and received some great answers and guidance, as well as learned a very powerful lesson on the strength of women in their own unique ways.

I bought a car today! It was a little nerve racking, to say the least. Thanks to my friend Sheila who helped me throughout the process. It is a great car and I am super-excited!!! It was great to see everything fall into place with the car and it just worked out so well, that I know it was a good choice.



As a thank-you, Sheila and I went to lunch at Pizza Pie Cafe. I know what some of you are thinking. "You can't eat pizza Whitney." Well, you're right, but there is a lot more than pizza there. They have pastas and sauces, dessert pizzas, cheese sticks, and more. Basically it was my one and only meal of the day because we ate so much.

Tonight we were blessed with the opportunity to listen to Elder Bednar. He was in town and did a Q&A fireside for the YSA. It was so great and there is so much to think about now. There was a lot of talk about faith requiring actions, agency, the strength of the Lord, and the Atonement. It is amazing how much was fit into a short two-hour period.

Thanks to everyone involved in the epically amazing day.

2 comments:

Jenny Axford Cook said...

Yeah! So excited for you!!! Sorry that we can't get together before Tuesday...things have been insane, but I can't wait to see you and catch up! You're amazing!!!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous car!!! Awesome for you!