Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hour-By-Hour

Yesterday was insanely busy and as much as it would be great to blame it on others, most all of it was my own doing. Because so much happened, I have decided to give you the hour by hour update. Enjoy!

~4:30-5:30: Wake up, get ready, eat breakfast, leave the house and arrive at the temple.
~5:30-6:30: Prayer meeting & training, prepping for the morning of craziness (lots of weddings)
~6:30-7:30: The craziness begins with people coming and going. Saw some old friends too.
~7:30-8:30: Was able to see a family in my ward (I visit teach the mom) arrive in preparation for their sealing.
~8:30-9:30: More fun with the temple. Saw some more people from my ward and some more friends.
~9:30-10:30: Continued at the temple. Talked with a girl from my old singles ward who used to be my visiting teacher.
~10:30-11:30: Saw the cute family come out and talked with the kids about the experience. So amazing! Helped the person relieving me get caught up on the days event. Used my Spanish to help figure out a situation that was a little complicated but understandable. Changed clothes. Headed out.
~11:30-12:30: Went home for a brief second to grab a few things. Headed to the bank and then to Wal-mart (Yup, I'm that cool).
~12:30-1:30: Went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby to finish getting all of the supplies that were needed for the upcoming events of the day.
~1:30-2:30: Ran home. Packed up my car. Headed to a Festival of Words event that I had helped planned. Helped with the finishing preparations there and helped at the event.
~2:30-3:30: Help in the workshop room for a while where we learned some sign language and some information about signing, which was really neat. There was also story telling and games in that room. Also, helped with the front table (making sure volunteers got signed in and badged, collecting money, answering questions, etc.)
~3:30-4:30: Helped some more at the front table. Prepped for the kids crafts and began kids crafts making bookmarks and foam magnets.
~4:30-5:30: Continued with a steady stream of kids and the crafts. It was so interesting to see all of their different creations. Created awards for the contest winners in art, poetry and writing.
~5:30-6:30: The crafts kept going (and went overtime by 15 minutes). Cleaned up the room and got everything organized.
~6:30-7:30: Left the festival and headed over to the tabernacle for a tri-stake Relief Society meeting with two members of the General Relief Society board.
~7:30-8:30: Listened to the inspired messages and music of those who were there, while trying not to get too tired. (I will admit that my friend sitting next to me said I yawned about 20 times....oops!)
~8:30-9:30: Finished up at the conference. Talked with some people afterwards. Gave my friend a ride home and talked some more.
~9:30-10:30: Home at last! Changed clothes. Got caught up with my texts and all that. Laid down on the couch and fell asleep. (This did happen after 10:30, but it is going here.)

Basically it was a crazy day with lots of fun stuff that happened. It is always nice to be busy, but I am so ready to sleep now.

0 comments: