Sunday, June 17, 2012

Girls Camp - Day 4

The Final Day. I woke up in the morning feeling super sad. I knew that by the end of the day it would be back to the real world and leaving the wonderful girls and leaders that I had come to know and love. However, the show must go on.

The  day started with packing up all of our stuff and cleaning up the camp site. The girls did wonderful and we all worked together to get everything done. It was great to see. I even heard girls discussing who got to clean the bathroom floor, because there was more than one girl who wanted to. Ha Ha. So great!

Once we got everything packed up, we had breakfast of muffins and fruit. While eating we talked about memories and some of the great times that we had. Honestly, everyone there had some great times! A

After breakfast, we gathered the girls and leaders for Kangaroo Court. Before going any further, let me explain what this is. Kangaroo Court is where each person is given an award that is somewhat humorous, actually really funny, and they have to stand in front of the judges and receive their awards without smiling. If they smile, they get squirted with a water gun.

I had the opportunity to help make up the awards with one of the other leaders. One of the girls decided she wanted to spy on us to see what we were doing, so we told her it was something for Kangaroo Court. She wasn't sure what it was. After a while, we told her she better go practice her kangaroo jumping because it may involved kangaroo wrestling. Ha Ha Ha. She did it too! In fact, we even got her to kangaroo wrestle with me to help her prepare for court the next day. It was way to funny and I wish we could have got that one video.

Anyways, the awards went over great and almost everyone laughed at theirs, I think all of the girls did. One almost didn't but I saw a smile, and that did her in.

That was followed by pictures and loading up the girls into cars and beginning the trek home. :( My car had fun on the ride home. One of the girls suggested we make up a story where we each share a little part and then pass it on to the next person. Our stories turned out pretty interesting. Ha Ha. We made a stop at Maverick for slushies or a drink or our choice and headed back to the church.

I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to get to know these amazing people. Each one touched me in one way or another. It was bittersweet because I knew that my time with the girls and leaders was over and that I wouldn't be able to spend much more time with them. However, I was so happy to have many new friends. Girls camp taught me a lot about myself. It was the best experience ever!

Oh, and as a post-note, I found out this morning that my time with the young women is not over. I have been called to serve in the young women program working with personal progress. So stinkin' excited!!!

0 comments: