Monday, October 1, 2012

Once Again

About a week ago, I noticed a scratchy throat but didn't think much of it. I kept running with the crazy, crazy life that I lead. So, after all that running my body decided it needed to take action to make sure I rested. I wasn't feeling to great on Thursday but I figured it was because Wednesday has been a super-stressful day. However, when I woke up on Friday, I knew that wasn't the case. I had a cold. I went to work thinking that keeping busy would make things better. Nope! I ended up leaving early and resting the rest of the day.

I was pretty determined to make it to the temple the next morning, which wasn't the greatest idea. I didn't make it the whole time there. Under instruction from a co-worker there, who is a nurse, I went home and tried to stay down as much as possible. I even canceled the plans that I had. Sunday was very similar. Needless to say, this has yet to go away and it seems to be getting a little worse each day. 

I tried to work this morning for a couple hours, but not was I tired but in some pain. Basically without all the details that I am sure would bore you all to death, it was time to go to the doctor and get some help so I can feel better and get back to normal, especially before conference.

So, I just got back and was told I have bronchitis and laryngitis. Oh fun. He said that it is not to the pneumonia stage, which is a huge relief. I will take some steroids to get my voice back and the will be taking the Z-Pac (I think that is how it is spelled but not sure). I was told to rest my voice for the next couple days and get some rest too.

The problem is, I'm not sure what rest is. Ha Ha. Here it goes! 

0 comments: