Monday, May 26, 2014

Presenting.........

What? You want to get to know me a little better. Oh, okay! One of the ways that I cope with nerves or fears or anxiety is through humor. This entry is an example.

I have an announcement!

I am having a ......... stone! (I have heard the pain is similar to childbirth)

It's a girl! Her name is Crystal. (Because that is the main build up of kidney stones. Ha Ha. Get it! So punny)

What? You want to see a picture of her? I'm happy to oblige.


Isn't she cute. :) They are estimating about 6 mm in size. 

As you can see, she is expected to arrive between Thursday (the day they will start me) and Saturday (hopefully not longer than that), and will be coming in multiple pieces.

There was enough time to plan a shower to welcome her to the world or to register. Hee Hee. Who knows. Maybe after she comes, I will have a party celebrating her arrival. 

(Can you tell I'm pretty nervous about the procedure. I'm excited for it to be over too.)

2 comments:

Cam E. O. said...

How are they removing her? I've had 2 lithotripcies done and it wasn't bad at all. Absolutely no pain from the stone. My biggest complaint would be recovering from the anesthesia. Also, w/ your vocal issues be specific and ask that they not intubate you so they don't accidentally damage your vocal cords. (Yes they do have the option. --one anesthesiologist did and the other didn't.)

Whitney said...

I am having lithotripcy (or however you spell that). No pain from the stone? That makes me feel better. I stink with anesthesia, so I am a little nervous. I will remember that with the tubes. Thanks Hermana!!!