Saturday, December 12, 2015

Me-Day!!!

Unfortunately, I am one of those people who has a very difficult time making and taking time for myself, but my new goal is to make sure I do just that. This goal just happened a short time ago and I will be the first to admit that I have failed miserably. Looking at the month of December it is easy to see why. Wow! I didn't realize how busy I would be. It gets this way every December though. I should be prepared for it.

In looking at the month, I realized that there was really only one day that I could take the whole day just for me. That was today (Saturday the 12th). It turns out I have something every other day or evening of the month whether it be work, Relief Society visits, concerts, travels, church, parties, etc. Because of this, I decided to cancel everything and take a full day for me. I did take someone friends to the airport but what Whitney Me-Day would be complete without service. I did it early enough that I was able to come home and go back to bed.

I slept in (after that) until almost 10:30 and have stayed in pajamas while doing things for me. I have snuggled in my blanket, prepared for Christmas, rested and relaxed. I have avoided my phone. I am not reading or responding to texts or phone calls (not that I can without a voice). In fact, my phone and I are on separate floors of the house right now. I am treating myself to some meditation, amazing Christmas music and time to do what I want or need. Granted, I may have to leave the house to buy groceries but that is still for me.

I would love to be outside doing something but with the weather and me just getting over stuff, it is better to stay in. Still on the agenda is some exercise and yoga or ballet stretches, a delicious treat and maybe finishing my Christmas wrapping. It would be so nice to do this more frequently and I know I need to settle for doing a little something (maybe 15 minutes or more) each day, but having this one day is very helpful.

Today has been so nice. What do you like to do on your "Me-Day"?

1 comments:

Walker Family said...

Very nice! It's always good to take a personal time-out :)