Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Weekend of Fun and Games

My ward has a tradition of going to Bear Lake at the end of each summer. We spend the night in some cabins up there. There is always a spiritual lesson and a service project. Playing on the beach takes up the rest of the time. This year was great. I was able to go with the first group that left and got to choose where I was going to sleep. Last year I got a couch, this year I got a bed. We ate dinner, played games, and talked. I was able to talk with old friends and make some new friends who are awesome. After a spiritual lesson and family prayer, it was off to bed. The next morning we woke up and went to work sand and prepping the deck of the cabin where we were staying so that it can be painted soon. The rest of the day was spent on the beach playing. This included Frisbee, boats, food, and fun. Needless to say, the fun is over and we are all tired. It was a fun weekend and the perfect way to end summer. I guess that it is back to school on Monday.

1 comments:

The Sayer Family said...

I am so glad that you were able to go. What a great place to get away before school starts up again. Good luck with your classes and your internship. The end is in sight!

Luv ya,
Heather

PS I hope you neck starts feeling better:)