Saturday, April 25, 2009

Reflections and Thoughts

Recently, I have been doing a lot of thinking about what my purpose is in life. I love my calling, my job is great, and I have amazing friends. However, sometimes I feel like I am not truly happy. This week I have had a lot of things happen that has brought this again to my attention and I wanted to share some of those. My friend, Kristen, posted on her blog the question: "Do you know who you are?" I have thought about this a lot because I know certain parts of me, but with uncertainty comes doubts of who I really am. I love my life and I am happy to be here. Sometimes I wish I could see the end from the beginning. This week I have decided to live life for me and to be in control of my own life. I have let little things control my life that shouldn't. My health, job, or anything else will not control who I am.
My brother sent me an email this week. He is serving in the Arizona Phoenix Mission. In the email he had this little rhyme that makes a lot of sense to me. I am not sure who said this.

"Trials come
And trials go
But having the Lord next to me
Is all I need to know."

I am going through a time when I am not sure what the next year or so will bring but the Lord is next to me and will be. I have nothing to worry about.
Tonight we had part of our stake conference. Elder Walker from the seventy was there. He said somethings that were really neat. One was to the effect that whatever errands the Lord wants me to run, I will be ready to do so for him. It is fine to be a "goody goody" or a "Molly Mormon" because it shows that we are truly trying.
I think the thing that was said that impacted me the most was this: "Do not let your faith be difficult to detect."
This is who I want to be. I want to be a woman of faith, charity, service and love. I want to be in control and have fun.

1 comments:

The Sayer Family said...

I love a lot of the things you posted. I too have been trying to find out who I really am instead of trying to please others. It is a hard task but I am growing and lerning so much!