Monday, May 4, 2009

Unsinkable and Unforgettable

This weekend was super busy for me and in the craziness of the days, I forgot my camera. Saturday was a great day. I attended a baptism which always makes my days betters and then I got to go to Idaho Falls. A friend and I went to the museum there to see the Titanic exhibit. It was such a neat experience. Upon entering the museum we were given a ticket and a boarding pass. On our boarding pass was the name of someone who was aboard the Titanic. It gave information about that person such as why they were traveling, what class they were, their age, etc. It was even clear enough to give a cabin number for some of the people. My pass was for a 61 year old man from Norway who was going to the U.S. to finish up some business in North Dakota. That would allow him to live in Norway with his wife and the twins that were born one-year prior.
After looking at some of the actual artifacts that were found after the shipwreck, seeing the set-up of the rooms, menus, and experiencing the cold temperature of an ice berg, we came to a wall. On that wall were the names of all those aboard the Titanic and whether the lived or died.
It was such a good experience and one that I will not forget. If you are ever in Idaho Falls and needing something to do, or are even in the area, I highly recommend this.

0 comments: