Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Am Amazed!

To be quite honest, I hesitate to share this post. My fear is that it will be taken the wrong way. I do not do this to be boastful or toot my own horn. Rather, I do this to share how amazing our Heavenly Father truly is and how much he loves us.

A little while back an impression came to quit my job then. I tried to rationalize but it was clear it needed to happen. Though I was confused of why to quit when I had nothing else, a calm feeling assured me that I would be taken care and would not have to go without.

Through lots of study, prayer and temple attendance, I gave my three weeks notice. During those three weeks, I had a job interview and felt really good about the possibility. When I heard back from them, I had learned that I was their second choice. Though I was unsure of what was going to happen, I still felt that what was happening was right.

I was so grateful to have a job where I was able to support myself. Quitting was super-hard. The first week of unemployment was interesting. I went to some institute classes with some friends, helped my good friend Jenny and spent some time with her (love ya and thanks. It helped me more than you know), did a lot of job hunting, went to the temple and ran some errands. By the end of the week, I was discouraged, but I figured if I kept busy, then I would be taken care of.

The next week, I went home to Pocatello. I had an appointment and felt like job searching would be easier there with the computer and everything there. Plus having parents there to help and guide me would be great. On Monday, after an appointment and turning in a resume, I left the room for about ten minutes. When I got back, my phone was ringing. It was the place I had just applied. He said he had been swimming through a sea of resumes but when he saw mine, he just had to call. We did an interview then and there. He asked me to come in the next day for another interview, which I did. This meant traveling back here. After the interview and observation time, I headed back to Poky. My parents and I headed to the temple that afternoon. On our way, I got the official phone call welcoming me to the team there.

I know that we are divinely guided. This new job is such a good fit for me and I am so blessed to have it. Heavenly Father knows us and everything that will happen. We will receive so many blessings after the trial of our faith. We are asked to look to him in all thing without doubt or fear. We need to trust him that all thing will work together for our good. Although I may not understand completely why this had to happen the way it did, I know it was the Lord's will and he will not lead us astray. It is truly amazing how much he loves and cares for us.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow!!! What an awesome story!!! It is so true that the Lord looks after us! Good luck in your new job!