Sunday, July 31, 2011

Change of Plans

I have decided that maybe I should not be such a planner. It seems that whenever I make plans to do one thing, I end up doing something completely different. This is seemingly becoming a norm in my life. Honestly. Here is why I say that.

In my last post, I had decided to home for the upcoming weekend and attend my class reunion. The decision was made and the money sent in. Tuesday, we received notice that the reunion had been canceled. Yup, that meant that I had a whole weekend with nothing to do because I had been planning on leaving. The best part though is that, because of the change of plans, I was able to spend the weekend helping some friends move and serving others, which I truly needed. It gave me the opportunity to think more of others and less of myself.

Next, I had planned to do something with a group tonight. However a storm thundered in and lighting struck. It was loud and close enough that it seemed to shake my place... or maybe that was just me feeling me shaking, but I promise that it was the thunder. There was one clap of thunder that sounded like it hit a close-by building, with another clap of thunder right behind it. (This may be a good time to let you know that my biggest fear in the world is thunder and lightning.) This storm scared me enough that I was shaking for the next hour. Wow! Basically, that did not goes as planned either.

Basically, July was the month of plans changing plans and it has taught me a lot of things. Honestly, changes in plans can make for some fun and interesting times, as well as some well-needed help and changes.

On a side note, the focus on family has yet to subside. Basically for the past three weeks, it has become a major focus in my life. Though I am not sure why, it has been a time of great learning and has increased my desire for that exact thing.

0 comments: