Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bunches of Birthdays

In my family, all of the kids birthdays are within a month time period of each other. Even more interesting is that Heather's birthday comes first and she is the oldest. Brady's comes last and he is the youngest. That puts mine in the middle. Honestly, growing up, March and April were fun times.
Now that we all live in different places, it has made it a bit more difficult to enjoy the birthday season with trying to figure out what to get them and how to get it there on time.
With that rant being said, the tradition continues with my roommate and me. It turns out that my roommate's birthday happens to be about 6 days before mine. That makes it fun. This year she happened to be out of town on her birthday, so her sister and I decided to decorate her room a little bit. She loves princess stuff, so I made her a princess kit, which was fun. We had cake and played with bubbles.





My birthday came after that and this year landed on a Saturday. My day started out at the temple (as does almost every Saturday morning). After that, I came home and responded to texts while opening my birthday presents that my parents had sent to me. Later that day, my friends Robert and Andrea put on a small birthday party for me complete with kites, bubbles (both big and small), food and fun. It was really nice and really laid back. At the end they made me into a burrito or something. Hhhmmm..... After that I came home and talked with family on the phone. My neighbor took me out for Gelato a little later, which was delicious. I got a root beer float type one. That evening, my roommate and her sister gave me a gift and we hung out for a while. Then it was time to quit celebrating and do some quick grocery shopping.

It was a great birthday season and I am blessed with amazing family and friends.I was going to put all the pictures on here, but there just isn't room in one post for that. Enjoy the chose ones! Ha ha Ha.









2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy late birthday! Looks like a joyous day! :)

Jenny Axford Cook said...

That was a really fun night! Love ya!!!