Friday, May 4, 2012

One Fine Day!

It seems like I have been MIA lately in the blogging world. I'll explain that in a later post, because I do have quite a bit to blog about from the past two months. However, I wanted to share my day today.

 Today I started a new schedule at work to help to prevent overtime. I think my boss finally got tired of me working an hour or two of overtime daily, so we trying to rearrange my schedule to prevent that. That means when I woke up this morning, I started with a workout and then got ready and went to work. For a Friday, things were going pretty smooth, which is super-nice. I got a text from a friend a couple hours before my lunch break about some running shoes that I had ordered and was waiting on. Turns out, they no longer had the ones I ordered in my size. Sad. :( I was sad, disappointed, but not beaten. I decided that I would go and try on some other ones and choose out another pair and accept that.

My lunch break consisted of a car payment and then heading over to resolve the great shoe dilemma (as it was known at that point). My friend met me outside. When we went in, we talked to the people at the front desk about all of my options. They mentioned that they had the ones on display, of the kind I liked, that I could take at that point. Long story, short, I got my new running shoes and they are exactly the ones that I wanted!!! They are so great! Upon leaving the store, I thought how happy that made me. My friend and I stood outside and talked for a while.

At this point, it might be important to note that I am a huge people watcher. So, as we were talking, I noticed that someone had removed a reserved cone and a car pulled into that spot. It seemed like that person was someone important. Trying not to stare, I glanced over and thought that I knew who that person was. After a second glance, I realized I knew who it was and told my friend who I saw. She got super-excited and once she saw who it was, she dragged me over to..........

  PRESIDENT UCHTDORF!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

 He was there with his wife. We were able to shake hands with him and talk for a few minutes. Oh my goodness! It was the absolute best moment of the day, week, etc. His cute wife waved to use as they walked away and we walked away. This kind of taught me that true happiness is not in getting the shoes that you wanted and that is something that is definitely not worth getting upset over. They are far greater and more important things that bring true happiness. Many of those cane be found in the gospel and the church. So Amazing! I was shaking from excitement.

When I got back to work, I couldn't help but share my story with my co-workers. I finally calmed down and got started working, when one of our trucking reps came in to talk to me (as I am over shipping). Once I entered into where he was, he lifted up a bag of Ice Cream bars. It wasn't just a small bag either. It had Creamies and Haagen Das ones. I got to deliver those to those who were working and have one too (which is good because I totally forgot to eat lunch on my break).

Other than that I went to a reception, spent the evening with some amazing friends and made cookie bars. 

This was one FABULOUS day!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a wonderful meeting!!! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

Sorry - that last comment was by me. My niece forgot to log out of my computer. :)