Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year, A New Me

Not to be Grinch or a Scrooge (if I can still use those terms now that Christmas is over), but 2012 has left some room for improvement. That isn't to say that there weren't good things that happened. It just seemed like there wasn't a ton of progression. There were a lot of trials and difficult times that have taught me a lot. On numerous occasions I had people tell me they didn't understand why why good things weren't happening for me and why I couldn't catch a break. Granted, some great things did happen. I met President Uchtdorf and Elder Christoffereson, ran a 5K, went to Girl's Camp, got called as Personal Progress Leader, and bought my plane tickets to Hawaii. I also realized how truly blessed I am to have amazing friends who were truly there for me and supported me with encouragement and love.

I am still working at the same job, which means I have broken the trend. The previous two jobs I was at for a year and three months. This time, it is going to be longer! I am still loving being in a conventional ward. Some of my greatest friends are the same. It has been great to see that our friendships haven't changed much, even though most all of them are married or engaged. We still have fun talking and playing!

Recently, I saw an idea that made a lot of sense to me. By the end of the year, it is sometimes hard to think of all the positive things that have happened. This year, it became a little discouraging for me. So, this year, I am going to get a container of some sort and write good memories that I have, when they happen. Then at the end of the year, I will be able to go through and read them. I have a feeling this will give the year a more positive spin.

As for my resolutions and goals, well I've never really been huge on having to set those at the beginning of the year. I did make a Bucket List in April of things to accomplish before my next birthday. At this point, I will most likely accomplish 4 out of the 5. The only one I may not get is to attend a Pro Sporting Event. I am excited for the potential of the year. There are a few things that I am looking forward to doing this year like going to my nephew's baptism and going to Hawaii (which also kind of scares me because I have never flown by myself before and am a little nervous about switching planes and all that).

I want 2013 to be better than 2012, but I will take whatever is handed to me. However I am open to new experiences and to try to accomplish more. So, I need some advice from you. PLEASE HELP!!! What are some things that I should try to accomplish this year?

HAPPY NEW YEARS FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!



1 comments:

The Sayer Family said...

2013 will be a great year for you! Glad we got to talk today!