Friday, January 18, 2013

Sock Sagas!

NEWS FLASH!!!! I love fun socks! That is not an exaggeration either. When the highlight of your night is matching your socks, you know that you may have a slight problem. What a fun problem to have though. As I  sat and matched up my socks, I thought of the stories that went with some of them and it made me smile. For some reason, it has made me super happy. If these socks and stories can make me happy, maybe they can help you too. Here are some sock stories for you.

Gray with Yellow, Blue, and Pink (Diamond/Argyle like patterns)

I bought these socks one day as a reward. There was something that I needed to do that was really hard for me and I had been dreading it all day. My sister and I had talked that morning, and she told me that I needed to tell her when I had done it. When she hadn't heard from me, she contacted me to remind me about it. We then established a reward, the socks! I attempted to do it and was unable to, but not for my lack of trying. I called her, completely disappointed because I really wanted those socks. While we were talking, the opportunity came for me to do accomplish the goal and I did it!!! I earned my socks!!!

Dark Gray, Maroon, and Black Striped

I think I may cry when these socks die. I love wearing these sock with my gray skirt and maroon sweater. They match perfectly. In fact, every Sunday that I wear that combo, I come home and wear those socks the rest of the day. I have gotten so many compliments on the combination that it has become a temptation to wear them to church sometimes. I actually wore them with the skirt and sweater to a fundraiser last year. 

Green M&M Socks

One day, I was walking around a local dollar store looking for a gift to give a friend who was going to Africa. As I looked, I came across this display of M&M socks. It made me incredibly happy. I walked by them a couple times. Then I stopped to really look at them and found a pair of socks that was purely Green M&Ms. Now, there is a story behind me and the green M&M. Let's just say that my family has always teased me about it, so it was the perfect dose of humor to add. Every time I see or wear those socks, I smile. 



Red & White Striped 

These ones have received many different ways. I wore them to work one day and my boss called them my wicked witch socks. They kind of look like candy cane socks, which I believe was the original intent. However, they have become my superhero socks. For Halloween, I dressed up as "Wonder Wit". Let me explain. Whit has always been a nickname, even though during my younger years I did not like it. As I have gotten a little older, it has grown on me and I kind of like it now. Surprise! Anyway, I went to Vernal with some friends one weekend. My friend and I were playing Wii with her nephew and we made a Mii and named it Wonder Whit! For Halloween, I decided to make that a reality and became a smart superhero, with red and white striped socks. (Sorry no pictures were taken that included the socks).

Brown with Pink and Tan Wavy Lines

This story is kind of sad. I'm guessing these socks came from my parents for Christmas or my birthday or something. I have always loved them and they match great when I wear earth tones. So I was wearing them the other day and I began to get this weird feeling on the toes of one of my feet. The inevitable had happened. It had a hole or two. The other sock was fine though. As I was folding them today, the great debate took place in my head. Do I throw these away or do I keep them and either try to fix them or wear them with the holes? I could not bring my self to throw them out. So now I have a pair of socks with holes. I will probably still wear them too.

Blue Ankle Socks with Flowers

I was on my way to an FHE and knew that we may be outside for a while and wasn't sure how cold it was going to get, but I didn't want to wear full socks and didn't have any fun ankle socks at that point. I ended up stopping at Wal-Mart on my way and found these socks. I don't think I wore them that night, but I was excited to have some ankle socks that were fun!

I could probably go on and on and on and on and on and on with stories about my socks, whether they were  a present from my roommate or my Valentine's Day gift for myself. Opening my sock drawer is like opening a life story. Maybe that is why it is so difficult to get rid of them. The drawer is completely full of socks and stories!

1 comments:

The Sayer Family said...

Maybe I should post the story about the M&M socks! HMMMMMM! :)