Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Life is Like A Movie

While driving home from Girl's Camp, a few leaders, a girl and I had some pretty fun conversations. A question was asked and I shared a story or two or five with them. It was actually probably only one or two, but the five got you more interested. Admit it! Ha Ha. Anyway, after sharing a story, someone spoke up and said something to the affect of not to step on your hurt or anything, but your life sounds like a movie. She went on to explain that it sounded like a specific one, but she could not remember the name of it. I got a good laugh out of that and life went on.

A few weeks ago, I was sitting in Sunday School (shortly after my diagnosis) and one of my friends was talking to me and I was writing responses. She told me I was like Ariel on The Little Mermaid. It made me chuckle. Even more humorous was later that day, I was with some friends and once again, my life was compared to The Little Mermaid. This time they said that Ursula had stolen my voice and I needed to practice my body language and find my Prince Eric, then my voice would come back beautifully. This made me laugh. Two Little Mermaid references in one day. Seriously! What could be better?

(Photo Courtesy of Disneyclips.com)

In some ways, I can see my life as a movie and in other ways, I think that it if it is a movie, it is the most boring movie ever. Yet, it got me thinking, if my life really were a movie, what genre would it be. A comedy? An animated film? A tragedy? A drama? An action? What? Okay, so maybe not an action because there is no high-speed chases with fighting and guns and such, but that's beside the point.

It wouldn't be so bad having a life like a movie. In a hour and a half, there is usually some sort of problem, a conflict, a resolution and a happily ever after, though not true in all films. I could completely handle that if my trials only last that long. I understand that movies only last that long, but are made to span days, weeks, or months at a time and this is just my wishful thinking.

Not sure why, but I had a dream one night. It was not the normal dream that is foggy when you wake up. I remember it so vividly that it truly could be a movie and I would be the star. What did it have to deal with, you ask? Well, how about a Disney Princesses Party, where one princess kidnaps a party guest, while another guest searches and seeks to find the kidnapping victim. It was kind of intense and strange at the same time. It really showed me what life could be like if I lived in a movie. Kind of strange, but kind of exciting too!

I chalk this dream up, in part, to a conversation that had happened earlier that day about what Disney Princess one would be and why. All the girls questioned answered Ariel. Hhhhmmmm....... I thought that was me. Ha Ha. Not sure why all of the other parts came up though.

Maybe this is a sign that I should start scripting my life and create a movie from that. I could make it however I wanted, because I would be the writer, the director, and the lead (who else could play me but me). Maybe not the lead, I'm really not that great of an actress, I promise. What would I want put in my movie? Where would the plot take you? What areas of my life would I focus on? Where would it be filmed?

Now I can't help think about it everywhere and anywhere I go. What movie would this relate to? Which movie is this situation like? In fact something happened just the other that I had heard about in TV shows or movies, that I thought never really happened in real life. It was actually quite interesting, somewhat funny, and completely unexpected. My face may have been priceless. Yet, I am so naïve that I had no idea how to properly respond to the situation. No regrets right? Just hopes! Some scenes in my life really are like a movie.

Guess I should just keeping living my life one day and a time and letting it turn into the movie that it wants to be. Maybe from there, more intriguing story lines and situations would come up and there would be more adventures to add. My life may be like a movie. It may appear to be like The Little Mermaid right now. All and all though, having a life like a movie sure keeps things interesting.

So here is some interesting questions. 1) What movie is your life most like? 2) What movie would you say my life is most like? I am kind of, wait, really interested in your responses. :)

1 comments:

Melissa K. said...

1) my best friends wedding, lol.
2) little mermaid. ;-).