Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lessons Learned Again!

These posts are always fun because they allow me to share my crazy life in a different way. To preface this post, the past week did not disappoint as far as craziness goes. It was definitely not an ordinary week. I will now present my Lessons Learned from April 19-26th. Drum roll please! ......................................


~ Miracles Happen
~ The temple really is one of the greatest places on earth.
~ Rebellious moments can be entertaining. Nothing to rebellious though. This lesson is following a temple one.
~ When it's necessary, I can sleep on the floor, if I put a body pillow beneath me. It became my bed for two nights in a row.
~ On Easter, you crave Easter candy, which is hard when you can't eat it.
~ An Easter dinner of Powerade and Sprite makes you long for cheesy potatoes.
~ Even without going to church, you can still keep the Sabbath Day holy in thoughts and actions.
~ I'm grateful to have my own  bathroom so I don't feel guilty monopolizing it.
~ Suprep is nasty. It tastes like drinking a bottle of cough syrup. Blech!
~ Drinking 48 oz. of liquids in one hour is really difficult to do.
~ When doing the two above, it is helpful to have a good movie playing.
~ Along with the above, reading is not the easiest, because you have no desire to focus on words.
~ Waking up at 7 in the morning for more Suprep = No Fun!
~ There is no way to make the Post-Easter candy sales when you can't even leave the house.
~ My brain doesn't like to work before a procedure.
~ The prep for a Colonoscopy is worse than the procedure.
~ Me on sedation and pain meds entertains kids.
~ I like to repeat myself and flop down on my pillow.
~ I shouldn't try to make phone calls until at least five hours after the procedure or I'll end up making another one to clarify.
~ My friends are the best to help me get to and from the doctor's office, and to watch me for the time after. The GREATEST!!!! Thanks guys!
~ I have weird dreams with the meds mentioned above.
~ For some reason, it takes me a bit to shake of the meds and such. I felt like a walking zombie.
~ Being manipulated is No Fun!
~ Getting news that could be devastating, could be bad, unless you have already come to terms with it and would have not accepted it anyway.
~ 13 hour work days are craziness!!!
~ Apparently I can handle watching 7 kids at a time.
~ Being a mom of 4 and taking all four kids to Pack Meeting is an accomplishment I didn't think would happen this soon. We made it there, participated and got home alive.
~ Getting 4 kids to agree on dinner, going to get it, and having family dinner. New experience. Isn't bad at all.
~ A day like that is exciting, exhausting and adrenaline filled.
~ Thinking you are going to be the last person to show up to a meeting, and then showing up and being the first, is a Win!!!
~ Playing with kids outside is relaxing.
~ It's okay to rest after a crazy week. You don't have to feel social everyday.
~ I can do hard things.
~ To this day, I still love speaking in Spanish.
~ Humor helps ease stress.
~ Puddles on the kitchen floor make me miss warm spring and summer rains when you can splash in puddles. (I am still a kid at heart)!
~ My home teachers are amazing!
~ Setting up for a Girls Camp fundraiser is easier when decorations from an event earlier that day are left up.
~ There are some amazing Chili makers and Pie Bakers out there. Congrats to the winners!
~ People who eat chili and pie, drink lots of water.
~ I really don't miss talking in the microphone too much.
~ A church gym + lots of kids = Lots of running and screaming. There could even be a game of Zombie Turtles being played.
~ Seeing people you don't get to see as much, is so fun!
~ Seeing the smiles on so many peoples' faces makes all of this worth it.
~ After a long week, sitting down with a bag of M&Ms (pick your flavor) and a movie, is so extremely relaxing.
~ I can have two different (inanimate object) best friends in one week. I'm glad it changed from the beginning to the end. My bed is my best inanimate object friend right now.

Wow!!! That's a long list. This is what happens when so much happens. There is probably more too. However, I will spare you though. Thank you for reading!

0 comments: