Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth Fun!!!

First of all, I did bring my camera on some of these adventures. However, I forgot I had it so I did not take any pictures at all.

The Fourth of July is probably one of my favorite holidays ever. There is just something about it that makes me happy. Fireworks make me happy. :D This weekend was fabulous!!! Here is the breakdown.

FRIDAY: Where the 4th was on a Sunday, some cities decided to celebrate on different days. That was great with me! Friday night was the local celebration here. I met up with some friends and walked to the church parking lot to watch the fireworks. They were fabulous and the finale made me smile. It was so much fun and I learned that in China they have names for the different types of fireworks.

SATURDAY: I woke up early and was packed, had my room clean and on the road to Pocatello by 9:00. There was hardly anyone on the road, which was a little unusual where it was a holiday weekend, but it made my drive nice. That afternoon we had a family reunion for my dad's family. There was a lot of food and family there. I made root beer cookie that were a hit. It was nice to see some cousins that I had not seen in a while. That night, I got together with some friends and had a campfire with smores and fireworks (of course)!!! It was so relaxing and fun!!!

SUNDAY: Church was great and after that, I had some time to relax while my parents were in their ward. That afternoon(ish) we went on a picnic with my mom's aunt and cousin that I had never met before. It was good to get to know them and talk about life and hear more about my grandpa's family and the traditional band concert in the park. That evening, Pocatello had its firework display. They were pretty amazing as well. I loved watching them. More importantly though, I gained a stronger testimony that this is a chosen land and how blessed we are to live in America. I just happened to be reading about the Title of Liberty that day and spent the weekend reflecting on that.

MONDAY: The day started with breakfast with my mom's aunt and cousin before the had to catch their plane to leave. The rest of the day was spent relaxing until it was time to come back. I got back in time to go to a dutch oven dinner that some friends were having. After dinner, we figured out that there was going to be a firework display in a neighboring town, so my friend and I decided to go to that. I Love Fireworks!!! This display was smaller and they played the same song the whole time, in different variations. It was still good though.

On a side note, I met my June goal (on July 5th) for running. Now I am working up to July's goal!

1 comments:

Tiffany Tibbitts said...

You seem to have had a fun and eventful holiday weekend, and I wasn't even there! Strange. I like fireworks too.