Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Mini-Vacation

This is going to be a little out of order, because my camera is MIA right now, and it has some pictures that I want to post with the blog post that would have come next. However, once I get the camera, I will post about the pictures and fun!!!
This past weekend, I was able to take two days off work so I could enjoy a mini-vacation. This month has been full of trips to Pocatello for one reason or another. For this reason, I called this past weekend my mini-vacation because it will probably be the most of a vacation I will take this year.
I arrived in Pocatello on Thursday night and got there at the same time as my Aunt and Uncle from Tennessee. It was good to spend some time with them this weekend and get caught up on their lives. We went to dinner that night at Buddy's (which is somewhat of a tradition when they are in town). I was also able to get together with a former roommate that night. It was so much fun.
This weekend was the Pioneer Day Celebration. We were able to watch the parade. Later on that day, we went up to the fairgrounds for the festivities up there. There was tons of food, games for the kids, events in the grandstands, entertainment and more. We spent a couple of hours there talking with people we had not seen in a while and also enjoying some amazingly talented performance. My sister and her family arrived that night and we spent some time with them.
The main reason for this trip was to hear Brady speak in church. I love hearing some of the experiences he had on the mission. His talk showed me how amazing he truly is. His testimony is so strong and is such a great guy! I am so blessed to have him as a brother. After his talk, we had a bunch of family over for dinner. As is normal, there was tons of good food, which made for lots of leftovers!!!
On Monday, I was able to spend some time with a friend who was visiting from Arizona and visited my old job at the day care. It is always fun to spend a little time with the kids. When I got home, there was a Wii Fit marathon going on. All who were home were playing the Wii. This ended taking most of the afternoon and we had tons of fun! Also that night, we had family pictures. I rediscovered that I am a blinker. Oh well, I think she took enough pictures that my eyes had to have been opened in one of them. This is the first time we have had family pictures taken when all of us were there since before the mission for me. We have all grown up and there have been three additions.
I drove back home that night. It was a nice trip and it was wonderful to spend so much time with family and friends. Thanks to everyone who made this trip so much fun!!!

0 comments: