Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ch Ch Ch Changes

They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom. ~Confucius

Life is to have joy, and if, as Confucius said, that requires change, my life must be fabulous right now! There have been some pretty interesting changes.

On Sunday, there were a lot of changes made to the Student Wards here. They are now called YSA wards. The other changes that they made are great and it will be exciting, but change always bring a little bit of trepidation. Because of the change, they created new stakes and wards for the YSA boundaries. Both my stake and ward have different numbers now, but I still have the same priesthood leaders. However, I was not as lucky with the rest of the leadership in the ward. Our whole Elders Quorum and Ward Mission are gone, I am the only one left in the Relief Society Presidency, and only about 25 people in the ward are from the old or "original" ward. On the plus side, we gained a lot of people and I have had the opportunity to get to know some of them and I already knew others. I am so excited for the change, even though I will miss those who aren't in the ward anymore. These next couple of weeks will be interesting as callings are extended and friendships are made.

Also, in other changes, my health has had some interesting potholes recently. I went to the doctor and am trying to get some help with the problems. The doctor and I both thought it could be one thing, but after two tests, we found out it is not that. It was strange because I was hoping for some answers and got none. I allowed myself a couple days to be upset and now I am focusing on the positive. Thank goodness for a Bishop who is a doctor and helped me to see some huge positives in the situation. I am so blessed.

Speaking of changes, I have changed my music at the bottom of the blog. Lately I have realized how many songs really relate to my life. Some of the are more directly than others. It took me some time to read lyrics and listen to songs before it got to the point where I wanted to post it.

Change and Whitney have not always been friends. I learned to like change a little more a few years ago and, although it still can be scary, it is super-exciting. It adds spice to life and also allows you to learn and grow. That is what I hope happens. I want to be able to learn new things, have new experiences, and grow stronger physically, socially, mentally and spiritually. I am so EXCITED!!!!!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW! What awesome changes! Good luck with all of that!