Sunday, October 10, 2010

What a "One"derful Weekend!

Back in July, we were able to spend a lot of time together as a family. Since then we have all been busy with different event such as my brother moving to go to college, one nephew starting Kindergarten, the other nephew starting preschool, and keeping up with our lives. Needless to say, I had not been able to see them since July. That made this past weekend extra special and fun.

The main reason for the gathering was BIRTHDAYS!!! My niece turned one earlier that week. It is so hard to believe that she is one already. The last time I was at their house was when she was blessed. Also, my dad's birthday was on Friday. It was so nice to be all together again. We met at my sister's house. I arrived on Friday and my brother was already there. I know it had been less than 2 years, but I realized that I missed that boy. My parents arrived early the next morning as we were finishing breakfast.

We were all able to watch conference together, which is something that I missed last conference. There is a different feeling watching conference with the family than by yourself. In between the Saturday sessions of conference, we had a small party for my niece. She got some cute clothes and toys. I stole this picture from my sister's blog.



So Cute!!!
After the second session we went to Dinner as a family. Then the guys took off for the priesthood session. Sunday was much of the same with conference. My parents and brother left that night. However, I wanted to have a little extra time there, so I stayed through Monday. On Monday, I got to experience the life of a stay-at-home mom. They are amazing. We took one kid to school, did a quick shopping trip, went to a play group, picked up the kid from school, lunch, naps, homework and played.

I had so much fun and really did not want to leave. I learned so much from the kiddos this time. I will share one thing I learned from each. C~ Pure love. He gives the best hugs and when I told him I had to go, he wanted to hug me so I could not leave.
T~ Happiness. He has the cutest smile and knows how to make those around him happy. It was so fun seeing him share that with his little sister. K~ I can't think of a word to describe this, but whenever she was a little grumpy, we would sing "If You're Happy and You Know It." She would calm down and usually by the end start doing different parts with us. That showed me that you can changed and be happy whenever you chose to. :D That was a great lesson.

Thanks Heather for playing hostess and letting us all have a great weekend.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun time! And your little niece is ADORABLE! :)