Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whitney's Bits of Wisdom

Here is a list of things that I learned the past four days, starting Friday night and ending this morning.

1. When going to a restaurant with a big group, make reservations first or else you will end up waiting for over a hour just to get seated.
2. Sleeping in is so great.
3. Those days when you want to stay in your pajamas all day, end up being the days when you are asked to become a movie star and you have to get ready in 5 minutes.
4. Don't argue or try to compromise with spiritual promptings.
5. Big news can affect the rest of your day.
6. When you plan a day of "me time" it usually does not turn out to be "me-time".
7. I need to remember that I do not fit on adult bikes. I have to ride a youth bike.
8. No matter how beautiful they are, bushes are not the nicest things in the world (Story to come later. I need to get a picture of the culprit bush).
9. Walking around with dirt on your pants, shoes, and forehead (thanks Andrea for not telling me ;)) gets people looking.
10. It is important to live by principle and not circumstance.
11. Riding a bike is really fun.
12. The Dollar Store has some good buys.
13. Not having a washer and dryer leads to mounds of dirty clothes. (So glad we have one now).
14. Spending time outside reading, pondering and praying is FABULOUS!!!
15. We are ALWAYS divinely guided, even when we don't understand why.
16. Having good friends is the best!
17. Making a good peach milkshake requires less ice cream and more peaches. YUMMY!!!
18. Being creative can be fun.
19. After combining items 7 & 8, pain will follow. It may take time to appear but it comes. Believe Me!!!
20. Also, with 7,8, & 19; the morning after you will find yourself walking like an old women (or man) and bruised all over (Maybe in the story to come later, I will include pictures of the bruises!).

Look for a story soon!

2 comments:

Jenny Axford Cook said...

You are so cute! Good words of wisdom!!!!

Andrea said...

I promise, I did not notice the dirt on your forehead. I guess I was too occupied with recreating the scene over and over in my head and thinking about the twigs that were sticking out of your hair. :)