Monday, October 31, 2011

Inspired and Blessed

Hello Friends! Hope you are all doing just fabulous! Lately I have been doing a lot of reflecting and thinking (which is miraculous in and of itself because my brain has not been working so great). There are so many things that have happened over the past year and the blessings that have come from those are incredible. I entered this weekend with a resolve to be more grateful for all that I have and to be more positive, even when things are not going how they should or how I want them to.

This weekend was Stake Conference and it was great! The Saturday night session proved amazing, as usual. There were talks about overcoming trials, clinging to covenants, being prepared and more. The music was phenomenal. It made me excited for the Sunday session.

The Sunday session was a Regional Broadcast and we were blessed to hear from Elder Jensen, Sister Wixom, Elder Anderson, & President Monson. Each of their talks struck a different chord with me and helped me to realize how abundantly I have been blessed, but that there is still so much more to do. I could write about the whole experience, but felt that some of what I learned was very personal for me. Let's just say it was a GREAT Stake Conference.

Sunday night, my stake had a fireside. A man from the Ivory Coast spoke about his conversion and story. He was amazing and strong with his testimony. It was incredible the power you felt as he testified and shared his stories of how he found the church, came to the United States, and received answers to others prayers that literally saved his families lives. The way he acted upon the promptings he received after humble and sincere prayer, showed his courage, trust and faith.

The night finished up watching a movie about the Saints in Africa. Their faith is awe inspiring. I would have to check, but pretty sure I said "Wow!" over twenty times. They went ahead with worshipping and with faith, even though there was no formal organization when they began learning about the church. They were strong and devout to what they had learned through the scriptures and other literature that church provided. Once they were officially organized they continued with the same strength and conviction.

They (the saints on the movie and the speaker at the fireside)have inspired me to be better and more faithful in keeping the commandments and my covenants. Also, showed me that I really need to be appreciative for what I know, what I have, and the way that gospel came into my life. They are so humble, but so strong and faithful. What powerful example!

0 comments: