Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

With it being Veteran's Day and in the spirit of the date 11/11/11, I would like to share with you 11 things relating to veterans, this date, or the number 11 in general.

1. I am so extremely grateful for all of those who have sacrificed their time and efforts, some even giving their lives or arms, or what be it. They are true heroes who deserve to be honored and recognized.

2. One of my favorite Veteran's Day memories happened a couple of years ago, while working in a law office in Idaho. We went to lunch as an office and one of the attorneys, who is a veteran, shared stories of his experiences with military service. It was really neat to hear. What was cool was that you could see the pride in had for the USA.

3. Growing up, I loved it when the digital clocks hit 11:11. I always made a huge deal of it and would make a wish when I saw that. I was convinced that all the wishes made at 11:11, as long as the clock did not change, would come true. Ha Ha. If that is the case, I should be making wishes all day today because it is 11/11/11.

4. As a member of the Drill Team, I remember performing at Veteran's Day assemblies and hearing stories of veterans. Those were always neat experiences.

5. Every year in Poky, the bands, color guards, drill teams, and cheerleaders would get together and perform a huge halftime show call Extravaganza. We would practice the week before with the marching and formations and all of that. It was always a very patriotic program. There would be a 21-gun salute and taps.

6. It seems that this holiday begins to mean more and more to me each year. A deeper sense of gratitude for all the liberties that we enjoy, because of these veterans.

7. My Grandpa is a veteran. He was one of my heroes growing up. I have learned more about him since his death in 2005. I truly wish that I could have learned more about him and his service while he was still alive. He has been on my mind a lot today.

8. Eleven has the most syllables of the numbers 1-20, with three. Yup. That's right. Random Fact.

9. Patriotic music helps set the mood of the day nicely. This morning, while working I had the opportunity to listen to a lot of different songs and it made me happy. :)

10. This one is brought to you by Sesame Street. Click here.

11. Happy Veteran's Day. May this one be better then the one before and the next one even better. Remember to thank those who have served. (Oh and Happy 11/11/11. Don't stop wishing today. You never know when they will come true.)

0 comments: