Monday, August 16, 2010

~A New Goal~

On May 14th, I wrote about a goal I had to run a 5K in September and also said that I would post updates on the progress on the blog. Here is the update that I have.
I did really well in June and even made it to the point that I should have been at for the month. July was a crazy month and I did not get a whole lot of exercising in because of traveling and my laziness. In August, I decided to start again, with a renewed effort to train harder. However, this past week I was hit with an issue from my health condition that has knocked me down and kept me down. With the date of the run less than a month away, there is really no way I am going to make the run in September.
Never fear though. On Saturday, I was thinking about this. At first, I was really discouraged because when I set a goal, I do all I can to achieve it, because I do not like not meeting goals that I set. After thinking things through, I decided that even though I could not make the official 5K run that I was planning does not mean that I still cannot complete a 5K. Once I am back in a position to start running again, the training will begin again. One day, I will complete a 5K. Hopefully by November I will be at a point where I can do the run. If there is one thing that I have learned in the past couple of days, it is that there is always hope. I will one day accomplish this goal!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Good for you!!! So glad you're keeping positive through hard times. You are seriously one of my biggest heroes!