Thursday, August 12, 2010

One Year Later....

A year ago today, I left Pocatello with a suitcase full of the necessities and came here. I remember leaving around 7:30 that morning so that I could get to the new job and be trained. At that point, I had a job, but did not have a place to live or anywhere to put my stuff. Thanks to a good friend who lives here, I was able to stay with her until I found a place. Since then a lot has happened and I can say that I am so grateful to have had these experiences. Here are some of the blessing and experiences that I have had.
EXPERIENCES
~Finding a Place to Live - This was an adventure, but it happened quickly. I was able to meet some amazing girls, have some fun times, and live in a pretty big townhouse.
~Adapting to a New Job - Change is hard sometimes and it took me a while to adapt to the new job. Now, I have been here a year and have learned a lot from the attorneys and the research.
~New Ward - My ward helped and forced me to grow. When you go into a ward, not knowing anyone, you have some options. You can keep to yourself until others come to you or you can be social and meet people. I have met many great people who have touched and changed my life.
~Health - One of my biggest worries when moving away, was dealing with my health. This has been a whirlwind year of medical issues. There have been so many people here who have helped me when I was going through some of the rougher times. Thanks to those who offered blessings and prayers, helped keep my spirits high, and dealt with me when I could not sit or stand too long!
~Moving - I have learned the joys of moving and not having family around. At least it was not a huge move. However, when my parents came down to help me unpack and get settled, everything was already taken care of.
Traveling - In the beginning and more recently, I have traveled at lot to and from Pocatello. The trip has become natural to me and I can usually tell what time it is, based on where I am at on the road. Through all this traveling I have learned car maintenance skills, liking adding oil, transmission fluids, and more.
BLESSINGS
~New Friends ~Being Close to Old Friends too ~Great Church Leaders ~Having a Temple Close ~A Calling (that has taught me a lot) ~Patience ~ Humility ~Independence ~Strength (Physically and Mentally) ~New Experiences ~Trials ~Understanding ~Peace ~Finding Joy in the Journey ~And More

This year has been crazy and there are so many experiences that have changed me and made me who I am now. The funny thing is, I can tell that I have changed, but sometimes it is hard to believe when people tell me that. Though there have been hard times and struggles, I would not change anything that has happened. This has been an amazing experience and I am so grateful to be here!!!

0 comments: