Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bunches of Birthday Fun!

This year was one of those years where I was not looking forward to celebrating my birthday at all. Whenever people would ask me what I wanted for my birthday, I would usually respond "A job, a new car, and a man.". Ha Ha. I tried to avoid the idea of having a party or celebrating. However, about a week before my birthday, I got a phone call and ended up getting a job interview. The date they requested was my birthday!!! It was at that point that my birthday, all of the sudden, became more exciting and I could not wait for it to come.

WEDNESDAY ~ My parents came down. They brought me some presents that were basically amazing and took me to dinner at the Olive Garden! I left there with enough food for two more meals! After dinner, we came back to my place and ate cheesecake. Then they were off to SLC where they flew out the next day for Hawaii. That night ended with a haircut/trim and layers and a movie.

THURSDAY ~ The main focus was the job interview. It was sooooo much fun! It may sound really odd but it the truth. The people interviewing me were so nice and it was a very comfortable and happy environment. I am not sure if I will get the job or not, but it was a fun experience. After that, I got to spend some time with a friend for a while. My roommate and I had some amazing cheesy breadsticks for dinner. We had a mini birthday thing where I opened their gifts and they sang to me. I have the best roommates ever!

FRIDAY ~ This was the party day. My neighbor made some awesome chocolate cake (with pudding in the middle) and some cupcakes with peach cheesecake frosting. DELICIOUS!!! I really wasn't sure what to expect. It was a blast. A lot of friends came and there was a ton of food, games, music, randomness, and fun. I realized how blessed I am to have such amazing friends here. They accept me for who I am and are so much fun to be around. I am not sure what I have done to deserve these friends, but they are GREAT! Needless to say, after all the excitement sleep was hard to come by that night.

SATURDAY ~ So, this is not directly related to birthday coolness, but it was fun so it has earned a spot in this epic post! This evening I attended The Magic Flute, which is an opera by Mozart. It was super-good and I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and the performance.

I found myself wondering today why I was so worn out. Then, I thought about everything that had happened this week and realized why. It has been a week full of lots of fun!!! Thanks to everyone involved directly or indirectly! :D

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Late Birthday! And best of luck with the job hunting! :) Can't wait to see you!

Tiffany Tibbitts said...

Of course you have the best roommates ever since I am one of them!