Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

I am terrible at making decisions, especially big ones. When I was making the decision whether or not to go on a mission, I struggled with receiving an answer on my own. It was when I fasted, prayed, pondered, and spoke with my Bishop, that I knew that I was supposed to serve a mission. What a marvelous experience that was in my life!

Moving was another decision that was hard for me. However, after visiting here a couple of times and always feeling like this was home and where I needed to be, the decision was made and I was at peace with that. It was an amazing blessing to move here and has helped to mold me to who I am today.

I won't share all the decisions I have ever made, because that would take too long. However, I will say that whenever there has been a decision (especially in the past year or two) I have learned how important it is to turn to the Lord.
On Sunday, I realized that I am going to possibly have some big decisions to make in the future. Since then, it has been a constant stressing of what should happen.

Then, as I was reading in the scriptures, I came across these verses in Alma 7.

23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

24 And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works.

Though that is not a specific answer, it is answer enough to know that he will take care of me if I am doing my part by applying the qualities and attributes in these verses (which is easier said than done) and trusting in him to lead and guide me to what needs to happen. I still may be terrible at making decisions, but He will help me!

0 comments: